American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Nancy (Ship ) 1804, Sep - 1805, Jun. Sailing from Sag Harbor, NY to Coast of Brazil. Sent home 0 Sperm, 400 Whale, 0 Bone
- Adams, James Truslow. History of the Town of Southampton (East End of Canoe Place). Bridgehampton, NY: Hampton Press, 1918.
- West, Ellsworth Luce as told to Eleanor Ransom Mayhew. Captain's Papers: A Log of Whaling and Other Sea Experiences. Barre, MA: Barre Publishers, 1965.
- Ship Registers of the District of Gloucester, Massachusetts 1789-1875. With an introduction by Stephen Willard Phillips. Salem, MA: The Essex Institute, 1944.
- Smith, Nancy W. Paine. The Provincetown Book. Brockton, MA: Tolman Print, Inc., 1922.
- Captains who sailed out of Sag Harbor but who lived elsewhere." John Jermain Library, Sag Harbor, NY, n.d. Typewritten list.
- Balch, Edwin Swift. "Stonington Antarctic Explorers." Bulletin of the American Geographical Society XLI (August, 1909).
- William F. Williams. "Loss of the Arctic Fleet." Famous Fleets in New Bedford's History: Stories of Wooden ships and Iron Men. New Bedford, MA: Reynolds Printing, 1935.