American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Niantic (Ship) 1848, Sep - 1849, Jul. Sailing from Warren, RI to North West Coast. Sent home 0 Sperm, 0 Whale, 0 Bone
- Starbuck, Alexander. History of the American Whale Fishery from its Earliest Inception to the Year 1876. 1876. Reprinted Secaucus, NJ: Castle Books, 1989.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- Sherman, Stuart C., comp. Judith M. Downey and Virginia Adams, eds. with Howard Pasternak. Whaling Logbooks and Journals, 1613-1927: An Inventory of Manuscript Records in Public Collections. Garland Reference Library of the Humanities, vol. 682. New York and London: Garland Publishing, Inc., 1986.
- Wood, Dennis. "Abstracts of Whaling Voyages, 1831-1873." Microfilm copy from the original manuscript held by the New Bedford Free Public Library, New Bedford, MA, 1981.
- Nebiker, Walter. Personal communication.
- Phillips, Stephen Willard, ed. Ship Registers of the District of Newburyport, Massachusetts, 1789-1870. Salem, MA: The Essex Institute, 1937.
- New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, Massachusetts
- J. Porter Shaw Library, San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park, San Francisco, California