American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Admiral Blake (Schr) 1875, May - 1875, Oct. Sailing from Marion, MA to Atlantic. Sent home 195 Sperm, 10 Whale, 0 Bone
- Works Progress Administration. Whaling Masters: Voyages 1731-1925. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, 1938. Annotated copy located at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Starbuck, Alexander. History of the American Whale Fishery from its Earliest Inception to the Year 1876. 1876. Reprinted Secaucus, NJ: Castle Books, 1989.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- Register for Seamen's Names and Descriptions, 1837-1935. 40 vols., New Bedford Port Society. On deposit at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Auction Catalog. New York: Sotheby Parke Bernet Inc., The Barbara Johnson Whaling Collection: Part I, December 11 and 12, 1981.