American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Cortes (Ship) 1838, Apr - 1842, Apr. Sailing from New Bedford, MA to Pacific. Sent home 2230 Sperm, 0 Whale, 0 Bone
- Starbuck, Alexander. History of the American Whale Fishery from its Earliest Inception to the Year 1876. 1876. Reprinted Secaucus, NJ: Castle Books, 1989.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- Wood, Dennis. "Abstracts of Whaling Voyages, 1831-1873." Microfilm copy from the original manuscript held by the New Bedford Free Public Library, New Bedford, MA, 1981.
- Register for Seamen's Names and Descriptions, 1837-1935. 40 vols., New Bedford Port Society. On deposit at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Annual Report, 2002. New Bedford, MA: New Bedford Whaling Museum, 2003.
- Ludlow, Elias. Journal of a voyage on an unidentified whaler, 1806-1807. Society for the Preservation of Long Island Antiquities, Sag Harbor, NY.
- Maury Abstracts, National Archives and Records Administration, Washington, DC