American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Emma F. Herriman (Bark) 1887, Dec - 1888, Nov. Sailing from San Francisco, CA to Japan & Okhotsk. Sent home 0 Sperm, 350 Whale, 3500 Bone
- Works Progress Administration. Whaling Masters: Voyages 1731-1925. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, 1938. Annotated copy located at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- Returns of Whaling Vessels Sailing from American Ports: A Continuation of Alexander Starbuck's "History of the American Whale Fishery" 1876-1928. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, and Whaling Museum, 1959.
- "Whaling Captains from Nantucket." Edouard A. Stackpole Research Center, Nantucket Historical Association, Nantucket, MA Collection 335, folder 976. Manuscript book.
- Crew Lists of Whaleships. Ships A-G, 1818-1832. National Archives and Records Administration, Washington, D. C. New Bedford Free Public Library microfilm reel 166.
- The Bulletin from Johnny Cake Hill, New Bedford, MA: New Bedford Whaling Museum. Summer, 2007.