American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Emma F. Herriman (Bark) 1889, Mar - 1889, Nov. Sailing from San Francisco, CA to Japan & Okhotsk. Sent home 0 Sperm, 1000 Whale, 11000 Bone
- Works Progress Administration. Whaling Masters: Voyages 1731-1925. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, 1938. Annotated copy located at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- Sherman, Stuart C., comp. Judith M. Downey and Virginia Adams, eds. with Howard Pasternak. Whaling Logbooks and Journals, 1613-1927: An Inventory of Manuscript Records in Public Collections. Garland Reference Library of the Humanities, vol. 682. New York and London: Garland Publishing, Inc., 1986.
- Returns of Whaling Vessels Sailing from American Ports: A Continuation of Alexander Starbuck's "History of the American Whale Fishery" 1876-1928. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, and Whaling Museum, 1959.
- Carver, Joan L. Personal communication.
- Hain, James. "Woods Hole Whaling." Woods Hole Reflections, M. L. Smith, ed. Woods Hole Historical Collection, 1983.
- Crew Lists of Whaleships. Ships A-G, 1818-1832. National Archives and Records Administration, Washington, D. C. New Bedford Free Public Library microfilm reel 166.
- The Bulletin from Johnny Cake Hill, New Bedford, MA: New Bedford Whaling Museum. Summer, 2007.
- G. W. Blunt White Library, Mystic Seaport Museum, Inc., Mystic, Connecticut