American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Emma F. Herriman (Bark) 1891, Nov - 1892, Dec. Sailing from San Francisco, CA to North Pacific. Sent home 0 Sperm, 120 Whale, 0 Bone
- Works Progress Administration. Whaling Masters: Voyages 1731-1925. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, 1938. Annotated copy located at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- Returns of Whaling Vessels Sailing from American Ports: A Continuation of Alexander Starbuck's "History of the American Whale Fishery" 1876-1928. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, and Whaling Museum, 1959.
- Reilly, Kevin S. "Slavers in Disguise: American Whaling and the African Slave Trade." American Neptune 53:4 (Summer, 1993).
- Customs House records for the districts of New London, New Haven, Hartford-Middletown, and Bridgeport-Fairfield, Connecticut. G. W. Blunt White Library, Mystic Seaport, Mystic, CT. Card file.
- Crew Lists of Whaleships. Ships A-G, 1818-1832. National Archives and Records Administration, Washington, D. C. New Bedford Free Public Library microfilm reel 166.