American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Frances (Ship) 1843, Nov - 1847, Jul. Sailing from New Bedford, MA to Pacific. Sent home 1308 Sperm, 4 Whale, 0 Bone
- Starbuck, Alexander. History of the American Whale Fishery from its Earliest Inception to the Year 1876. 1876. Reprinted Secaucus, NJ: Castle Books, 1989.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- Sherman, Stuart C., comp. Judith M. Downey and Virginia Adams, eds. with Howard Pasternak. Whaling Logbooks and Journals, 1613-1927: An Inventory of Manuscript Records in Public Collections. Garland Reference Library of the Humanities, vol. 682. New York and London: Garland Publishing, Inc., 1986.
- Wood, Dennis. "Abstracts of Whaling Voyages, 1831-1873." Microfilm copy from the original manuscript held by the New Bedford Free Public Library, New Bedford, MA, 1981.
- Simpson, Marcus B., Jr. and Sallie W. Simpson. Whaling on the North Carolina Coast. Raleigh, NC: Division of Archives and History, North Carolina Department of Cultural Resources, 1990.
- Ludlow, Elias. Journal of a voyage on an unidentified whaler, 1806-1807. Society for the Preservation of Long Island Antiquities, Sag Harbor, NY.
- Kendall Collection, New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, Massachusetts
- G. W. Blunt White Library, Mystic Seaport Museum, Inc., Mystic, Connecticut