American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Georgia (Ship) 1832, - 1833, Feb. Sailing from New London, CT to South Atlantic. Sent home 400 Sperm, 1900 Whale, 0 Bone
- Works Progress Administration. Whaling Masters: Voyages 1731-1925. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, 1938. Annotated copy located at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Starbuck, Alexander. History of the American Whale Fishery from its Earliest Inception to the Year 1876. 1876. Reprinted Secaucus, NJ: Castle Books, 1989.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- Colby, Barnard L. For Oil and Buggy Whips. Mystic, CT: Mystic Seaport Museum, Inc., 1990.
- Customs House records for the districts of New London, New Haven, Hartford-Middletown, and Bridgeport-Fairfield, Connecticut. G. W. Blunt White Library, Mystic Seaport, Mystic, CT. Card file.
- Barthelmess, Klaus. "Additions to Sherman." 1994. Kendall Collection, New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.Typewritten list.
- Tilton, James A. Logbook of a voyage on the Schooner A. M. Nicholson, 1920-1920. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Logs/Journals in the Long Island Collection, East Hampton Library, East Hampton, NY.
- Chyet, Stanley F. Lopez of Newport. Detroit: Wayne State University Press, 1970.
- Annual Report, 2000. New Bedford, MA: New Bedford Whaling Museum, 2001.
- G. W. Blunt White Library, Mystic Seaport Museum, Inc., Mystic, Connecticut