American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Greyhound (Bark) 1913, May - 1916, Sep. Sailing from New Bedford, MA to Atlantic. Sent home 2580 Sperm, 0 Whale, 0 Bone
- Works Progress Administration. Whaling Masters: Voyages 1731-1925. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, 1938. Annotated copy located at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- Sherman, Stuart C., comp. Judith M. Downey and Virginia Adams, eds. with Howard Pasternak. Whaling Logbooks and Journals, 1613-1927: An Inventory of Manuscript Records in Public Collections. Garland Reference Library of the Humanities, vol. 682. New York and London: Garland Publishing, Inc., 1986.
- Register for Seamen's Names and Descriptions, 1837-1935. 40 vols., New Bedford Port Society. On deposit at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Returns of Whaling Vessels Sailing from American Ports: A Continuation of Alexander Starbuck's "History of the American Whale Fishery" 1876-1928. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, and Whaling Museum, 1959.
- Amaral, Pat. They Ploughed the Seas: Profiles of Azorean Master Mariners. St. Petersburg, FL: Valkyrie Press, Inc., 1978.
- Nicholson Collection, Providence Public Library, Providence, Rhode Island