American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Allie B. Dyer (Schr) 1869, Apr - 1870, Aug. Sailing from Provincetown, MA to Atlantic. Sent home 132 Sperm, 224 Whale, 0 Bone
- Works Progress Administration. Whaling Masters: Voyages 1731-1925. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, 1938. Annotated copy located at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Starbuck, Alexander. History of the American Whale Fishery from its Earliest Inception to the Year 1876. 1876. Reprinted Secaucus, NJ: Castle Books, 1989.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- Sherman, Stuart C., comp. Judith M. Downey and Virginia Adams, eds. with Howard Pasternak. Whaling Logbooks and Journals, 1613-1927: An Inventory of Manuscript Records in Public Collections. Garland Reference Library of the Humanities, vol. 682. New York and London: Garland Publishing, Inc., 1986.
- Library Collection Card File. Newport Historical Society, Newport, RI.
- "Marine Reports." Newport [RI] Mercury, November 1, 1817.
- Berkshire Athenaeum, Pittsfield, Massachusetts