American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Hillman (Ship) 1862, Oct - 1865, Jun. Sailing from New Bedford, MA to Arctic. Sent home 20 Sperm, 1942 Whale, 6300 Bone
- Works Progress Administration. Whaling Masters: Voyages 1731-1925. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, 1938. Annotated copy located at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Starbuck, Alexander. History of the American Whale Fishery from its Earliest Inception to the Year 1876. 1876. Reprinted Secaucus, NJ: Castle Books, 1989.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- Wood, Dennis. "Abstracts of Whaling Voyages, 1831-1873." Microfilm copy from the original manuscript held by the New Bedford Free Public Library, New Bedford, MA, 1981.
- Simpson, Marcus B., Jr. and Sallie W. Simpson. Whaling on the North Carolina Coast. Raleigh, NC: Division of Archives and History, North Carolina Department of Cultural Resources, 1990.
- Bureau of Customs. Barnstable, MA, Whalemen's Shipping Articles 1849, 1866-71. RG 36. National Archives and Records Administration, Washington, DC.
- "Marine Reports." Suffolk Gazette, Sag Harbor, NY. 1804-1811. Microfilm, East Hampton Library, East Hampton, NY.