American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of India (Ship) 1858, Aug - 1861, Nov. Sailing from New Bedford, MA to Indian. Sent home 419 Sperm, 788 Whale, 4750 Bone
- Works Progress Administration. Whaling Masters: Voyages 1731-1925. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, 1938. Annotated copy located at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Starbuck, Alexander. History of the American Whale Fishery from its Earliest Inception to the Year 1876. 1876. Reprinted Secaucus, NJ: Castle Books, 1989.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- Sherman, Stuart C., comp. Judith M. Downey and Virginia Adams, eds. with Howard Pasternak. Whaling Logbooks and Journals, 1613-1927: An Inventory of Manuscript Records in Public Collections. Garland Reference Library of the Humanities, vol. 682. New York and London: Garland Publishing, Inc., 1986.
- Wood, Dennis. "Abstracts of Whaling Voyages, 1831-1873." Microfilm copy from the original manuscript held by the New Bedford Free Public Library, New Bedford, MA, 1981.
- Permanent Registers . . . Register Bonds . . . Register Oaths . . . Permanent Enrollments . . . Enrollment Bonds . . . Enrollment Oaths . . . for Edgartown, MA. Gale Huntington Research Library, Martha's Vineyard Historical Society, Edgartown, MA. Archival Box 140.2B, Typewritten list.
- Whiting, Emma Mayhew and Henry Beetle Hough. Whaling Wives. Boston: Houghton, Mifflin, 1953.
- Ludlow, Elias. Journal of a voyage on an unidentified whaler, 1806-1807. Society for the Preservation of Long Island Antiquities, Sag Harbor, NY.
- Martha's Vineyard Historical Society, Edgartown, Massachusetts