American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Jefferson (Ship) 1809, Jun - 1810, Jul. Sailing from Sag Harbor, NY to Brazil. Sent home 0 Sperm, 1350 Whale, 0 Bone
- Works Progress Administration. Whaling Masters: Voyages 1731-1925. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, 1938. Annotated copy located at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Starbuck, Alexander. History of the American Whale Fishery from its Earliest Inception to the Year 1876. 1876. Reprinted Secaucus, NJ: Castle Books, 1989.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- Adams, James Truslow. History of the Town of Southampton (East End of Canoe Place). Bridgehampton, NY: Hampton Press, 1918.
- Maritime Books. Catalogue 93. Madison, WI: J. Tuttle, 1998.
- Manuscripts Index. Library Reading Room, Peabody Essex Museum Library, Salem, MA. Card File.
- Captains who sailed out of Sag Harbor but who lived elsewhere." John Jermain Library, Sag Harbor, NY, n.d. Typewritten list.
- Balch, Edwin Swift. "Stonington Antarctic Explorers." Bulletin of the American Geographical Society XLI (August, 1909).
- William F. Williams. "Loss of the Arctic Fleet." Famous Fleets in New Bedford's History: Stories of Wooden ships and Iron Men. New Bedford, MA: Reynolds Printing, 1935.
- Rogers Memorial Library, Southampton, New York