American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Kathleen (Bark) 1901, Oct - 1902, . Sailing from New Bedford, MA to Atlantic. Sent home 0 Sperm, 0 Whale, 0 Bone
- Works Progress Administration. Whaling Masters: Voyages 1731-1925. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, 1938. Annotated copy located at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- Returns of Whaling Vessels Sailing from American Ports: A Continuation of Alexander Starbuck's "History of the American Whale Fishery" 1876-1928. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, and Whaling Museum, 1959.
- Stackpole, Edouard A. The Sea-Hunters: The Great Age of Whaling. Philadelphia and New York: J. B. Lippincott Company, 1953.
- Reilly, Kevin S. "Slavers in Disguise: American Whaling and the African Slave Trade." American Neptune 53:4 (Summer, 1993).