American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of America (Bark) 1853, May - 1854, Sep. Sailing from New Bedford, MA to Atlantic. Sent home 309 Sperm, 61 Whale, 0 Bone
- Works Progress Administration. Whaling Masters: Voyages 1731-1925. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, 1938. Annotated copy located at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Starbuck, Alexander. History of the American Whale Fishery from its Earliest Inception to the Year 1876. 1876. Reprinted Secaucus, NJ: Castle Books, 1989.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- Wood, Dennis. "Abstracts of Whaling Voyages, 1831-1873." Microfilm copy from the original manuscript held by the New Bedford Free Public Library, New Bedford, MA, 1981.
- Wiggin, Merlon E. "Maritime History of the North Fork of Eastern Long Island, NY." The Peconic Bay [NY] Shopper, November 1998.
- Kendall Collection, New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, Massachusetts